Sunday, September 4, 2011

Book Review: CGI Programming with PERL

I am blogging after a gap of 2 years! I heard of this O'Reilly Blogger Program where you get to read new books if you review and blog about it. So here I am trying it out. Recently, I purchased a lot of titles from the O'Reilly media. The most important thing about these books are that they are very simple and easy to understand the concept or a programming language. I started with "CGI Programming with PERL" book. The truth is I really like PERL as a scripting language but somehow I feel it is very cumbersome to write PERL/CGI when it comes to web programming. My job requires that I know and implement CGI so I started reading this title to hone my CGI skills.This book is really for beginners who don't know really what CGI is all about. The author explains that very well and moves onto more complex topics like graphics,javascript, databases etc. I think that this book is a great help since they are less web resources related to DBI in particular. The topics which I was interested were Debugging CGI, working with the DBI module, javascript and the most importantly using the hidden parameters field. A good book to start when you have doubts about DBI, debugging and javascript with PERL.

I review for the O'Reilly Blogger Review Program

No comments: